IRVING, Tex. - The Cowboys went mini-camp again Saturday morning and TheRanchReport.com was there to…
Friday PM Mini-camp Insider
• Rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant, who worked out in the morning with trainers and members of the team's strength and conditioning staff, was back on the field in the afternoon, working with the offense. He ran pretty well, even beating Terence Newman on a deep out route in which he was able to stop, plant and turn toward the sideline very quickly for a guy who has had a bad hamstring this week.
• In the morning session, Kyle Kosier assumed his normal position as the starting left guard, and getting no snaps at center, despite the claims by head coach Wade Phillips that Kosier would be the team's backup center. In the afternoon, however, backup Montrae Holland got some snaps at left guard with the first-team offensive line. More than any other position group, offensive linemen rely on familiarity with each other in order to work as a cohesive unit, so getting Holland some work with the first team is vital. Should Kosier or starting center Andre Gurode get hurt, Holland has to be ready to step in, and Friday's reps with the first-team line were a step in that direction.
• Catch of the day (afternoon version): It wasn't anything flashy, but rookie free agent Terrell Hudgins made a beautiful diving catch of a deep pass of about 40 yards down the left sideline from Stephen McGee. The ball looked like it was slightly overthrown, but Hudgins was able to fight his way past rookie cornerback Bryan McCann to make the grab.
• Pass of the day: Quarterback Tony Romo is known for a number of things — his improvisational skills, his ability to throw on the run, even his golf game and his famous girlfriends. But he showed off some remarkable accuracy Friday, finding his receivers on several very accurate passes, including one he threaded to wide receiver Miles Austin through triple coverage by safety Alan Ball and cornerbacks Cletis Gordon and Jamar Wall.
CowboysHQ.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More
- GAMETHREAD: Giants@Cowboys | October 19, 2014 | 3:25PMCT | FOX
- Haven't beaten team that currently has a winning record
- Garrett told Linehan we want to run the ball like the 90s
- When did this site begin?