Illinois DT is headed back to his home state as the third pick in the fourth round by Tampa Bay…
Akeem Realizes His Dream
Illinois has built a tradition as of late in producing NFL defensive linemen. Corey Liuget (Chargers) led the way, followed by defensive end Whitney Mercilus (Texans). Now Akeem Spence joins the list of former Illinois defensive linemen in the NFL, being chosen by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the third pick in the fourth round. Spence got so excited when the call came through that he nearly turned his brother into a Hail Mary at his family's home. "Being picked. It was a great feeling," he said. "My dad and I got the call from Coach Schiano. They traded up to get me. They didn't take me yesterday, but to get the phone call today, I screamed and jumped and almost threw...
303 Fans online
- Jerry admits to tampering & says AP wants to be a Cowboy
- Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice squad
- WareD94 annual season prediction thread
- The Cowboys know how bad the defense will be
- Huddle-Up: Should The #Cowboys Keep 4 RBs?