IRVING, Tex. - The Cowboys went mini-camp again Saturday morning and TheRanchReport.com was there to…
Friday PM Mini-camp Insider
• Rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant, who worked out in the morning with trainers and members of the team's strength and conditioning staff, was back on the field in the afternoon, working with the offense. He ran pretty well, even beating Terence Newman on a deep out route in which he was able to stop, plant and turn toward the sideline very quickly for a guy who has had a bad hamstring this week.
• In the morning session, Kyle Kosier assumed his normal position as the starting left guard, and getting no snaps at center, despite the claims by head coach Wade Phillips that Kosier would be the team's backup center. In the afternoon, however, backup Montrae Holland got some snaps at left guard with the first-team offensive line. More than any other position group, offensive linemen rely on familiarity with each other in order to work as a cohesive unit, so getting Holland some work with the first team is vital. Should Kosier or starting center Andre Gurode get hurt, Holland has to be ready to step in, and Friday's reps with the first-team line were a step in that direction.
• Catch of the day (afternoon version): It wasn't anything flashy, but rookie free agent Terrell Hudgins made a beautiful diving catch of a deep pass of about 40 yards down the left sideline from Stephen McGee. The ball looked like it was slightly overthrown, but Hudgins was able to fight his way past rookie cornerback Bryan McCann to make the grab.
• Pass of the day: Quarterback Tony Romo is known for a number of things — his improvisational skills, his ability to throw on the run, even his golf game and his famous girlfriends. But he showed off some remarkable accuracy Friday, finding his receivers on several very accurate passes, including one he threaded to wide receiver Miles Austin through triple coverage by safety Alan Ball and cornerbacks Cletis Gordon and Jamar Wall.
CowboysHQ.com Recommended Stories
Odell Beckham makes catch of the year
Former LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham made what has to be the most incredible catch of the NFL season. Check out the highlight reel grab!Read More
College Week 13: 10 Saturday Takeaways
Breaking down all the battles that mattered this weekend.Read More
Week 13: Waiver Wire Pickups
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Stephen Englert recommends some under the radar types that you should consider adding to your roster. Tennessee Titans QB Zach Mettenberger (pictured above) is…Read More
Scout's ACC All-Century Team
There have been so many great basketball players in the Atlantic Coast Conference since 2000, but which have been the very best? We break down the Player of the Century, Best Coach, Best Freshman, and…Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More
- Official Game Thread: Week 12 Cowboys v Giants
- Broaddus on Carr: "He is just not a good player"
- Hey media
- Mexicanmarauder logical post game post DAL @ NYG 11/23/14
- Oh sht! This is not a good sign for Murray's new contract hopes