* Today's win gave Dallas its 11th win of the season – the 17th time in franchise history a team finished with at least 11 wins. It is also just the second time (2007, 13-3) since 1995 the team finished with at least 11 wins in a season.
* Dallas finished the 2009 season with 6,390 total net yards to establish a single-season club record. It is also the first time the club topped 6,000 yards in a single season.
* This season, the Dallas Cowboys had 718,055 attend Cowboys Stadium for regular season home games. It is the highest home attendance total in a season in club history and the most in a season in league history.
* Today's shutout of the Philadelphia Eagles was the 17th shutout by Dallas in team history. Coupled with the team's 17-0 shutout last week at Washington, it marks the third time Dallas had two shutouts in one season – (10/11/70 & 12/6/70 and 9/15/74 & 11/24/74) – and the first time in team history the Cowboys shutout an opponent in back-to-back weeks. The last time an NFL team posted a shutout in consecutive games was the Tennessee Titans in 2000 (12/17 and 12/25). Two other times that same season a team shutout its opponent in two straight weeks – Pittsburgh Steelers (10/15 and 10/22) and Baltimore Ravens (9/24 and 10/1). Prior to that, the last team was the Chicago Bears in 1985 (11/17 and 11/24).
* In total, the Dallas Cowboys held their opponents scoreless in the first quarter 12 times this season.
* Jay Ratliff recovered his fourth fumble of the season, the most by a Cowboy since Eugene Lockhart had four in 1985. The club record is five established by Don Healy in 1961. This season, Ratliff's four fumble recoveries are tied with Osi Umenyiora for the league lead among defensive players.
* Jason Hatcher notched his first sack of the season on a fourth quarter takedown of Donovan McNabb.
* Miles Austin finished the game with 90 receiving yards to give him 1,320 for the season to pass Bob Hayes (1,232) and Michael Irvin (1,241) for the sixth-most receiving yards in a season in club history.
* David Buehler added four touchbacks today to give him 29 for the season – the most in a Cowboys season since 1991.
* Tony Romo finished today's game with a quarterback rating of 106.4. This season, he had nine games with a rating over 100.0 - the second-most in a season in his career. He had 10 games with over 100.0 in 2007. For his career, he now has 31 games with a rating over 100.0.
* With his two touchdown passes today, Romo has now thrown a touchdown pass in 12 consecutive games –the second-longest streak of his career. It also ties Don Meredith (1965-66) and Roger Staubach (1977-78) for the third-longest streak in club history. Romo has the club record with 17 consecutive games with a touchdown pass from 2006-07.
* Romo threw just nine interceptions this season which ties Roger Staubach for the fourth-fewest interceptions in a season (among qualifiers) in franchise history.
* Jason Witten had 76 receiving yards in today's game to give him 1,030 for the season – his second career 1,000-yard season. It is also only the second time in club history a tight end had 1,000-plus receiving yards – Witten in 2007 with 1,145. Witten joins Tony Gonzalez (four times), Todd Christensen, Shannon Sharpe and Kellen Winslow Sr.(three) and Antonio Gates (two) as the only tight ends in league history to post multiple 1,000-yard seasons.
* Tickets for the Cowboys first playoff game at Cowboys Stadium will go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, January 4. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Cowboys Stadium box office in Arlington or by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000. Tickets can also be purchased online at ticketmaster.com.
With its win today, Dallas took home the NFC East Division title. It marks the club's 21st overall division title and the 17th NFC East title.
NOTES: Dallas wins NFC East
With its win today, Dallas took home the NFC East Division title.
Jan 3, 2010