The Cowboys finally proved to themselves and everybody else that they can beat a good team.
Williams eyes turnaround
"I don't know where I was," Williams said. "I guess I was with Martellus (Bennett) on Jupiter or something. ... The thing I've got to do is I have a chance to get better this week. I'm glad this wasn't the last game of the year, because I'd have to live with this for four or five months. That taste is out of my mouth. I'm ready to roll, ready to catch the ball and do the things that I've been doing."
Williams is trying his best not to get down on himself, and the Cowboys are not giving up on him despite his numbers. Williams has 12 catches for 230 yards and a touchdown this season. He also has three drops, according to Stats, Inc.
In the 15 games he's played since being traded to the Cowboys, Williams has 31 receptions for 428 yards and two touchdowns. He has also battled injuries. He had a foot injury that plagued him last season. He played against the Falcons with broken ribs that kept him out of the Chiefs game two weeks ago before the bye.
"He had some opportunities," Cowboys' offensive coordinator Jason Garrett said. "A couple of them were tight, contested plays. We didn't convert for whatever reason. He is going about it the right way. He's been in and out of the lineup with the injury, but he's approached it the right way and is playing better and better, and I think we all believe those connections will come."
Williams said the most important thing is winning. He is not going to focus on his numbers but instead on helping the Cowboys win.
"We're winning. Winning cures all," Williams said. "If I was up north (in Detroit), and I had the game I had last Sunday, we'd have lost 56-3. But we have such a good football team that even though I played like crap, we had other guys step up, and it was a big team win for us."
* The Cowboys are not taking the Seahawks lightly, despite their 2-4 record and up-and-down season. Seattle beat Jacksonville 41-0 but lost to Arizona 27-3. The Seahawks are also coming off a bye week.
"They're a totally different team when (Matt) Hasselbeck is in there," LB Keith Brooking said. "Their record shows you that and watching film shows you that. They're coming off their bye week rested and healthy. We're going to see their best."
* The Cowboys went sackless the first two games but now they are on a roll with eight the past two games and 14 for the season.
"That's the way it goes," nose tackle Jay Ratliff said. "We're doing the necessary things to create pressure and make it difficult for the quarterback to throw, but the sacks weren't showing up on paper. But now, I guess it's showing up a little bit."
* LB DeMarcus Ware's year-by-year numbers on his $78 million contract: 2009, $6.005 million ($20 million bonus); 2010, $7.8 million; 2011, $6.7 million ($500,000 workout bonus); 2012, $4.5 million ($500,000 workout bonus); 2013, $5.5 million ($500,000 workout bonus); 2014, $12.25 million ($500,000 workout bonus) and 2015, $13.75 million ($500,000 workout bonus).
CowboysHQ.com Recommended Stories
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Scout College Football Top 30- Week Thirteen
The top 30 teams in college football after Week Thirteen...Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Week 13: Player Downgrades
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rusty Reeves predicts a heaping handful of players who will decline in the coming weeks. They should be downgraded at least one tier. Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler …Read More
The First Thanksgiving: 10 Myths and Facts
The story of the first Thanksgiving is filled with folklore and legend. But what’s the real story? Here are 10 commonly believed myths about the First Thanksgiving debunked.Read More
- Official Game Thread: Week 12 Cowboys v Giants
- Jason Garrett is a 500 head coach and needs to be replaced
- Mexicanmarauder logical post game post DAL @ NYG 11/23/14
- Ok, is Romo a top 5 quarterback?
- Hey media