EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Dallas Cowboys waited all year for another shot at the New York Giants.…
NOTES: Cowboys topple the champs
* Miles Austin's four catches tonight upped his career total to 215 to pass Timmy Newsome (212) for 17th on the club's all-time receptions list.
* Josh Brent earned his first career start, taking over for Jay Ratliff (ankle) at nose tackle.
* Bruce Carter made the first start of his career as one of Dallas' inside linebackers.
* Morris Claiborne made his NFL debut as one of Dallas' starting cornerbacks tonight.
* DeMarco Murray rushed for 131 yards to give him his fourth career 100-yard outing and the fourth-most rushing yards in a game in his career.
* Murray upped his career rushing total to 1,028 to pass Chris Warren (948) Scott Laidlaw (997) and Troy Aikman (1,016) for 23rd on the Cowboys all-time rushingyards list.
* Kevin Ogletree established career-highs in catches, yards and touchdown passes tonight. He finished with eight catches for 114 yards and two touchdowns. It was also his first career 100-yard performance and touchdown catches.
* As Murray rushed for 131 yards, Ogletree had 114 receiving yards and Romo threw for 307, it was the second straight games against the N.Y. Giants the club had a 100-rusher, 100-yard receiver and a 300-yard passer – vs. New York (12/11/11).
* Tony Romo completed 22 passes tonight to give him 1,694 career completions. He is nowthird on the club's all-time completions list, passing Roger Staubach (1,685) this evening. He trails Danny White (1,761) by 67 for second.
* Romo threw three touchdown passes tonight to up his club high of three-plus touchdown games to 25.
* Romo had a passer rating of 129.5 tonight. It was his 44th career game with a rating above 100.0 to tie Troy Aikman for the most 100-plus rating games by a quarterback in franchise history.
CowboysHQ.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Injury Report
Dr. Roto highlights the injuries from three games: Denver @ Miami, Arizona @ Seattle and Houston @ Cincinnati. One recommendation is to definitely start Houston Texans RB Alfred Blue (pictured above)…Read More
What, and Who, to Watch
O'Malley's weekly six-pack of questions entering Saturday's showdown with Louisville in South Bend.Read More
Peterson speaks: Fresh start might be best
Adrian Peterson said he knows Vikings players and coaches love him, but there are people “internally” that haven’t been supporting him.Read More
5 NFL Games that Got Cancelled by Weather
It snowed again in Buffalo, blanketing the city and, more importantly for our purposes, Ralph Wilson Stadium in 8 feet of snow. The NFL just announced that Sunday's Bills-Jets game is bugging out.…Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More
- Eagles @ Packers
- AP suspended for at least the remainder of the 2014 season
- Two reasons why we should have no problems with Giants
- Broaddus on Carr: "He is just not a good player"
- If Washington released rg3 would you pick him up?