Monday news and notes
"It's always a point of emphasis," coach Jason Garrett said. "We talk about who the officiating crew is every week and what they have a tendency to call. We have officials at practice. We talk about playing with the right technique, penalty-beaters, things we can do technically to avoid penalties without taking our edge off. ...
"But you have to play smarter, and I thought our team did that well in the game (Saturday). I don't think we had any of those penalties where guys were trying too hard to make the play."
* The blowout victory against the Buccaneers allowed the Cowboys to rest linebacker DeMarcus Ware and nose tackle Jay Ratliff for much of the second half. Ware has been bothered by a stinger, and Ratliff is nursing a rib injury. The team will continue to be cautious with them in practice this week leading up to the Eagles game on Saturday.
"We just have to see them, we have to monitor them," Garrett said. "They both were fairly productive with the snaps that they did get, but they're dealing with some injury. They fought through practice last week, they wanted to give it a go in the game (Saturday) night. They did a pretty good job with their opportunities. We've got to get them healthy and get going because we need them.
"You can sacrifice a little bit of the practice rep to make sure they're as healthy as they can be. But having said that, we want to get them back out on the practice field as early as we can, and I know they want to be back out there as early as they can. But it's a balancing act, like it is with a lot of injuries."
CowboysHQ.com Recommended Stories
Amazing Video: Scout's Top Football Recruits
Watch hundreds of incredible profiles of the country's top football recruits in action. For all you recruiting fanatics, it doesn't get any better than this!Read More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Gains in Wheeled Combat Vehicles Closing Gaps
Do advances in wheeled combat vehicles signal that they can now deliver the same mobility as tracked systems in deep mud or sand dunes?Read More
Out, the New Star Wars Trailer Is!
If you don't get goosebumps when the John Williams score kicks in, the force is most likely not with you.Read More
- Official Game Thread: Week 12 Cowboys v Giants
- TURKEY BOWL GAMETHREAD: Philadelphia Eagles@Dallas Cowboys | FOX
- Jason Garrett is a 500 head coach and needs to be replaced
- Mexicanmarauder logical post game post DAL @ NYG 11/23/14
- Season is over